"The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across
The doorsill where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep." ~ Rumi
I think a lot about networking, feeling curious about how people find the right fit for what to read, what to listen to, the perfect fit for a certain mood. I can imagine my Irish ancestors facing long, empty evenings by picking up instruments and singing for each other. I think I end up putting as much of my energy into trying to construct a way to "find each other" than that plucking out the music itself. I suppose once some people find "it," they spread the word, and others who want it seek it out. It seems worth the note that this is a whole skillset, this making playlists and filling our media sense-gates with what we find pleasing. The way we pick out teas to drink in our mornings, or books to read in our spare time, or how we dress ourselves and what we dress up for... "You must ask for what you really want." As I wrote this morning to myself: may this musical dream clarify into real sounds, of string and voice plucked continually, until I know a base level melody that keeps its anthem going no matter who else steps in to join-- or steps back. Plum plum plum - may this music get a life beat, one that is resilient with life
Comments
Post a Comment